Our Obstetrics and Gynecology (Ob/Gyn) is one of the finest academic and practical departments in our speciality in Japan. For medical colleagues, our staffs hold major leaderships not only in general Ob/Gyn, but also in our subspecialities including Maternal-Fetal medicine, Neonatal medicine, Gynecologic Oncology, Gynecologic Endocrinology, and Women’s Healthcare. We also provide well organized referral system connecting 1 national and 3 prefectural hospitals, as well as private hospitals. For residents, we offer 5-year training courses in which sufficient number of clinical cases are provided with our talented teaching staffs that enables them to fulfill the required condition to be Ob/Gyn specialist. Please join our outstanding physicians and enjoy our programs and medical services.
Professor and chairman: Hiroshi Sameshima, MD, PhD.
Clinical chairman: Yasuyuki Kawagoe, MD, PhD.
Major Ob/Gyn subspeciality
- Perinatal medicine (Maternal-fetal-neonatal medicine)*
Center for perinatal medicine (NICU, GCU, MFICU)
Perinatal pyramid has been established with our network referral system. University hospital is only one tertiary center where critically ill mother-fetus-infants are transferred and treated.
- Gynecologic oncology*
Uterine, ovary, vulva, and peritoneal malignancies are treated with surgery, chemotherapy, radiation, and new devices. HBOC and other hereditary cancers are also managed.
- Gynecologic endocrinology*
All female including juvenile and climacteric women’s diagnosis and hormonal therapy are provided.
- Reproductive endocrinology and Infertility
Infertility specialists provide high-quality infertility services.
- Women’s healthcare
- Gynecologic surgery/ Laparoscopic surgery*
Collaborating board-certified specialists join and teach laparoscopic surgeries.
Asterisk(*) : Trainees will be eligible to take these board examinations after completion of the program.
Main clinical researches
- Population-based-study on perinatal medicine and its related high risk pregnancies.
- Fetal heart rate monitoring.
- Medical and obstetrical complications during pregnancy.
- Gynecologic oncology and treatment.
- Clinically relevant basic studies by using animal models.
Most of our staffs have experience working in one of the following institutions.
- University of California, Irvine, California, USA. (Department of Ob/Gyn, or NICU)
- Loma Linda University, California, USA. (Center for fetal biology)
- University of Western Ontario, Canada. (Department of Ob/Gyn)
- New York, Australia, and other countries.
Doctor-in-charge: Dr. J Onishi, MD, PhD.