Our laboratory focuses on clinical and translational research on cardiovascular dynamics, in collaboration with the Departments of Cardiology, Cardiovascular Surgery, Gynaecology, and Veterinary Medicine. We conduct translational research related to cardiovascular inflammation, cancer cell microenvironment, dermal wound healing, and Biomaterials-based therapeutics, using cultured cells and animal models.
- ECHO-based Cardiovascular imaging
- Role of microenvironment in cancer cell metabolism using animal models
- MicroRNA targeted therapeutics in relation to cardio-vascular inflammation
- Green nanotechnology-based drug delivery system
- Animal Cell culture
- Molecular Biology techniques including PCR, Cell cycle analysis, Ligation, Transformation, Transfection, EMSA, ChIP, RNA interference
- General protein techniques including Western blotting, Immunoprecipitation, Zymography, Fibrinolysis, ELISA, Immunofluorescence
- Preparation of biomaterial-collagen scaffold systems for dermal substitutes
- IIT Kanpur, India
- BITS Mesra, India
- VIT University, Vellore, India
- NITTE University, Karnataka, India
- Atmiya University, Gujarat, India
- JBAS college for women, Chennai, India
- Hasanuddin University, Indonesia
- MicroRNA 21 Elicits a Pro-inflammatory Response in Macrophages, with Exosomes Functioning as Delivery Vehicles. Madhyastha R., et al., Inflammation. 2021. doi: 10.1007/s10753-021-01415-0
- Retinoic acid abrogates LPS-induced inflammatory response via negative regulation of NF-kappa B/miR-21 signaling. Nurrahmah QI., et al., Immunopharmacol Immunotoxicol. 2021. doi: 10.1080/08923973.2021.1902348.
- c-Phycocyanin primed silver nano conjugates: Studies on red blood cell stress resilience mechanism. Madhyastha H., et al., Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2020. doi: 10.1016/j.colsurfb.2020.111211.
- Nishino S., Watanabe N., et al., Longitudinal Evaluation of Mitral Valve Leaflet Remodeling After Acute Myocardial Infarction: Serial Quantitation of Valve Geometry Using Real-Time 3-Dimensional Echocardiography. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2020. doi: 10.1161/CIRCIMAGING.120.011396.