What’s going on in our lab:
We are doing a wide range of research from basic research to clinical or population-based study, with the major key word “bioactive substances/peptides”.
For more details, please visit our website at:
- Search for novel bioactive substances/peptides
- Physiological and pathophysiological roles of bioactive substances/peptides in vivo
- Isolation and identification of bioactive substances/peptides
- Cardiovascular pharmacological experiments in vivo
- Clinical and epidemiological studies of bioactive substances/peptides
Publications – Original Papers
- Jiang D, Kawagoe Y, Asada Y, Kitamura K, Kato J. Augmented blood pressure variability following continuous infusion of noradrenaline in rats. J Hypertens 2020; 38: 314-321.
- Jiang D, Kawagoe Y, Kuwasako K, Kitamura K, Kato J. Inhibitory effects of losartan and azelnidipine on augmentation of blood pressure variability induced by angiotensin II in rats. Eur J Pharmacol 2017; 806: 91-95.
- Kato J, Kawagoe Y, Jiang D, Kuwasako K, Shimamoto S, Igarashi K, Tokashiki M, Kitamura K. Plasma levels of natriuretic peptides and year-by-year blood pressure variability: a population-based study. J Hum Hypertens 2017; 31: 525-529.
- Ohno H, Yoshida M, Sato T, Kato J, Miyazato M, Kojima M, Ida T, Iino Y. Luqin-like RYamide peptides regulate food-evoked responses in C. elegans. ELife 2017; 6: e28877.
Publications – Review Paper
- Kato J. Natriuretic peptides and neprilysin inhibition in hypertension and hypertensive organ damage. Peptides 2020, doi: 10.1016/j.peptides.2020.170352.
- Kato J, Kitamura K. Bench-to-bedside pharmacology of adrenomedullin. Eur J Pharmacol 2015; 764: 140-148.
- Ida T. Variety of acyl modifications in mammalian ghrelins. Methods Enzymol 2012; 514: 63-73