We are interested in the functional morphology of the gastric parietal cells associated with gastric acid secretion. Our recent studies are being carried out by taking the advantages of original ex vivo experimental model named “iGM” standing for isolated gastric mucosa processed by high-pressure freezing. Another aspect of our collaborative research concerns ultrastructural analysis of the iPS cell-derived blood cells, such as the megakaryocyte, platelet, erythroblasts, etc.
- Clinical gross anatomy
- Basic life science
- Sports anatomy for professional athletes
- Functional morphology of the gastric parietal cells
- Innovation of electron microscopy
- Ultrastructural analysis of the iPS cell-derived blood cells
- Collaborative observation by live imaging and electron microscopy
- Establishment and characterization of cancer cell lines
- Histochemistry (including immuno- and lectin-histochemistry at the electron microscopic level using gold labeling)
- High-pressure freezing for electron microscopy
- Transmission and scanning electron microscopy
- Molecular biological analysis on cultured cell lines
- Takahashi, N. et al.: Establishment and biological characterization of a novel cell line derived from hepatoid adenocarcinoma originated at the ampulla of Vater..
J Int Oncol, 44: 1139-45, 2014
- 2. Toshima, J.Y. et al.: Bifurcation of the endocytic pathway into Rab5 dependent and independent transport to the vacuole.
Nature Commun, 5: 3498. doi: 10.1038/ncomms4498, 2014
- Nakamura, S. et al.: Expandable megakaryocyte cell lines enable clinically-applicable generation of platelets from human induced pluripotent stem cells.
Cell Stem Cell, 14: 535-548, 2014
- Hirose, S., et al.: Immortalization of Erythroblasts by c-MYC and BCL-XL Enables Large-Scale Erythrocyte Production from Human Pluripotent Stem Cells.
Stem Cell Reports, 1: 499-508, 2013.